Proverbs 3:5-6

Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and he shall direct thy paths.

Saturday, January 5, 2013

Keep Your Head Up.

"When life gets too hard to stand, kneel." -President Gordon B. Hinckley

This week has proven to be difficult... However, whenever I feel down I just remember this quote given by former Prophet, Gordon B. Hinckley.

This week I received one of the hardest letters I've ever had to read from Kevin... In this letter Kevin wrote me off.

Now, I know that this sounds bad and you may be thinking "well how could he?!" but he has good intentions. In the letter Kevin very kindly and genuinely explained that he was having trouble focusing and that he just needed to not have a girlfriend right now. He also expressed his concerns of "holding me back." Although this letter was hard to read, and I felt hurt... I know that he loves me and cares about me still. I can't imagine being a missionary and having to deal with such huge life adjustments so I tried to be supportive and understanding. I sent him a letter saying that I can understand where he's coming from, but also asked him to pray and make sure that this was his will and God's, and not someone else's. I have also been praying fervently and have had other amazingly wonderful people praying for me, and have felt some peace and comfort come over me.

I honestly do still believe that Kevin is the man for me. With every challenge that we have ever faced, we always just come out stronger; which is another reason I only want to be with him... We are able to not only make it through, but come out improved and stronger, things that are designed to tear people apart. I know that Kev is trying to be the best missionary he possibly can be, and I admire him for it. I know with all of my heart that this is not the end of our story. I know that we have much more to experience together, and I know that I can still give him my full support.

Part of loving someone is putting their needs before your own... Because their happiness essentially becomes your own.

I know that everything will work out as planned, and that this is just another thing that we must face. I know that no matter how alone or weak I may feel, that I am truly never ever alone and that God makes weak things into strong things.

Through Christ all things are possible. Take comfort in that, and never forget it.

<3

2 comments:

  1. Kim, thank you. You said exactly what I needed to hear. You are a wonderful girl with a bright and beautiful future! God loves you, so hang in there! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad that this helped you! That was my goal to help at least one other person! :) You are a strong and gorgeous girl as well! Keep strong :)

      Delete